Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tanner's first day of school.

My oldest son Tanner went to his first day of Kindergarten. I wanted to get there early so I could take some pictures, but I didn't time is right. Rob met us there more for me not for Tanner. I think I was about 3-5 min late but other kids were the same way. Tanner quickly hung his bag up and said goodbye. I had to sneak back inside to take one more picture, before he nicely but firmly said "mom I already said goodbye to you"
I think I was half way out the room and I heard Tanner said" MOM MOM I love you" my heart melted. I told him I loved him too and be good at school. I didn't have any time to cry because I had to get Emma home. she was already asleep in the stroller Rob took McKenna.
When I went to pick Tanner up I got to go alone Emma and McKenna were taking there naps. I had my In laws watch them.
I asked Tanner what does he like about school?
(Tanner ) "riding his bike to school."
(Mom) " OK then what do you like after the bike ride?"
(Tanner) "um I like the bell sound "
(Mom) " did you like anything that your teacher did ?"
(Tanner) " o ya she said that she is going to help me read better,and for me to bring more bugs."
I had Tanner bring a snail because it's bug week.


Tanner getting out of school.

This is the picture that I had to sneak in and take.



We get to ride our bikes to school.
Tanner's favorite part of school.


So the first day of school I didn't cry but that didn't stop me on the second. Poor McKenna she thought I had a owie. She gave me a band aid when we got home what a cutie!

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe he's old enough for kindergarten! And I can't believe you didn't cry :) I think I wouldn've been bawling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. It is a myth, that the second one is easier, it isn't. However, it gets easier, and pretty soon, you'll look forward to the free time. At least I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have cried too. It makes me want to cry to think of Kelty doing that some day. What a cutie tanner is. I hope he enjoys school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah. The second one doesn't get any easier. But just for Kindergarten. :)

    He looks great!

    ReplyDelete