Friday, July 24, 2009

Just a question.



OK I was just reading this article on where you were when your water broke.

With Tanner I was at home went to the bathroom and went for a long long time. When I came back to bed I was still liking just a little and then it hit me that my water broke. I had a hard time waking my husband up because he was sleeping so peacefully, I think it took me about 2 1/2 hours with 2 more trips to the bathroom to wake him. All my other kids were at the hospital.

I have always heard the stories about " my friends friend water breaking in the grocery store" but I think it is a Urbain Legend.

So I would love to have you tell me, where were you when your water broke?

Oh on a side note did you know that only 17% of woman water brakes naturally.


5 comments:

  1. My water only broke with my second child (the other three were all in the hospital)... and it was 10 weeks before my due date! I actually "wet" the bed and thought "Oh great, I have now lost control of my bladder and I still have 10 weeks to go!". I stood up to go to the bathroom and it wouldn't stop. That's when I realized what was going on. I kept saying to my husband "It's not possible... we still have ten weeks left!". We went to the hospital and I laid in bed for a month before they induced me at 34 weeks. That whole thing about "If your water breaks you will deliver within 24 hours" is not always true! It was one of the longest months of my life, and we are very grateful she is now a very healthy and happy 8 year old =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the hospital everytime. I know so uneventful and boring. My pregnancies have always been textbook with no surprises.
    The best thing though, is that my labors have always been fast. I like that part!
    17 days to go! Good Luck Rach! I am happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine only broke with my second (not counting during labor). It was in the doctor's office after a v exam. Couldn't have been a better place. I got a diaper to go home with to pack my bags and a ticket to the hospital a week early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bria and Chloe both broke while in labor at the hospital. Sophie's broke at home while I was trying to move a big box I had just packed (we were getting ready to move to Utah from Arizona at the time).

    My neighbor's water really did break in the grocery store. And she had run into a friend and was talking to him at the time. It's a great story. I'm sure it happens often enough that it turns into an urban legend, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. with my son i walked to the hospital and the hospital staff broke my water cause it was bulling. and with my daughter i was about 6 to 7 1/2cm dailated and they broke my water. so basically i had my water broke in the hospital just like my sisters did.

    ReplyDelete