Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm proud to be an american part 2.


The oath of allegiance:

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

In some cases, USCIS allows the oath to be taken without the clauses:

". .that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by law. ."

This is Chief Magistrate Judge Samuel Alba


At the end of the ceremony we they played God Bless the U.S.A by Lee Greenwood .I think at this point everyone had tears in there eyes. I the whole ceremony lasted about for about an hour.



They gave us the last document when we went out the door.
I'm truly proud to be an American, to be able to Vote, and to get a passport. I hope that I can be an example to my family. Again I would like to say Thank you for all the people that helped and Thank you to my wonderful husband.
God Bless AMERICA!

3 comments:

  1. Yahoo for citizenship! Your hair looks cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm so excited for you! Cute pics! I am planning on calling you when I don't have a two year old distracting me or a baby that needs attention (I promise it will be in this life time :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-I'm super late on this post. That is so cool that you are officially a US Citizen and celebrating your Birthday on the right day.

    Love you Rachel!

    ReplyDelete