Sunday, March 7, 2010

Running in memory of........

There is a family in our ward, she has been a great example to me. She too lost her baby. but instead of running away from it or filling her day of work (like it did) she has done so many good things.
She did Valentines for a Road home Shelter, there family spent over 2 hours putting the bags together.
Before that we had a Temple day in memory of him. They have done so much you might have to just read her blog. I'm just so amazed in her attitude she and her family has they have truly made lemonade .
She is now running in the Thanksgiving point Marathon in Memory of him. My husband will be designing T-shirts for us. I have 6 week to prepare for this but thank goodness for wonderful Sister in-law who given me a running plan. thank you Mary.
I'll have to dust off my running shoes ,running stroller and love for running. I have great modification thou.
I will be running for my first born Conner Edward Hawley who now is our Angel. This one is for you. I love you and always will.
If you would like to run send me a e-mail.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you, 6 weeks will be cutting it close for training but I'm sure you can do it! I wish I could run it too, it would be a lot of fun. It looks like a pretty course. I just dont have the $$ right now. But good luck & have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's awesome you're doing this Rachel. Good Luck with it. I didn't realize that you had an angel baby too!! That's great that you're finding ways to honor him. It'll be fun to hear how your run experience goes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool Rachel. I would love to run it, but...well...not gonna happen. I've been wondering why you haven't posted lately. I forgot you went private. I need to get better at checking. love you.

    ReplyDelete