Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rainy days and no T.V.

Do to our spring weather (rainy) and the fact that our T.V doesn't work, We have to resort to other activates. Now I'm suppose to be on bed rest but I'm just going to have to settle with just some rest. One sure thing I can do laying down or sitting is reading books to my kids. I think we read about 3 to 4 hours a day so a part time job. I have to get creative with the book just for my sake. Some of my kids favorite books are

Miss Spider Tea party
Pinkalicious
Purplicish
The hungry Caterpillar and,
Anything with, Diego, Thomas the train , Cars, or Frogy in it.

after I read some book I like to do a actives with them. Here are some ideas
Pinkalicious make cupcake I got this from a friend
Purplicous draw or paint there own picture
The very hungry Caterpillar Make fruit salad With the song from the Wiggles going on in the back round Fruit salad
The very busy Spider you can make a spider web see pictures.
Emma likes this one Brown bear you can go to this site and find temple and play a fun game with it.
this is what you do
you color the animals any color your kids would like them. cut them out, put them into a bag and pull them out while say
"brown bear brown bear what do you see I see a ......... looking at me"
And you can't forget Miss spider tea party this one is easy have a tea party McKenna loves that one. There are others but I'll save that for another post.
Please I would like to hear some of your ideas. I just read this one from Miriam's blog that I will have to do "Read Little Red Riding Hood" and then make rice crispy treats.
What fun!!!
Please tell me I'm running out of ideas and have to stay on bed rest for two more weeks., maybe longer.


This activate is really kid friendly.


1 comment:

  1. Why are you on bed rest? I hope everything is OK?!! Let me know what I can do to help. We are not all that far from eachother anymore!

    ReplyDelete